“Go further and experience more with a custom boat tank! High customer satisfaction and a three year warranty make this a top pick for your next boating adventure.”
KSH specializes in custom fabrication of marine fuel tanks.
Our customers include boat manufacturers, marine shops and individuals. Due to its advantages over stainless steel and plastic, KSH tanks are made of aluminum. The advantage of aluminum over stainless steel is: it is more cost effective, will not rust, and is lighter to carry. Aluminum has advantages over plastic as well. Aluminum tanks are sturdier than plastic. Depending upon the size KSH tanks are made with baffles which add to the stability of the tank. Plastic tanks do not have baffles. Our aluminum tanks are also more resilient to the effects of the sun than plastic. Plastic tanks are made using expensive molds and come in standard sizes. They cannot be easily or cost effectively adjusted to fit your needs. KSH aluminum tanks will be cost effective while being built to your specifications.
Perhaps your old tank sticks out from under the seat too far and you would like it smaller so that it isn’t in your way. Or perhaps your old tank doesn’t completely fill the area designed to store the tank and you would like your new tank made slightly larger to give you extra fuel storage capacity. KSH can build you a new tank just like the old one or we can make the adjustments you would like to the tank so that it more closely fits your needs.
Do you need to replace a tank on your Boston Whaler Montauk? KSH has two models of tanks that were specifically designed to fit the Boston Whaler. Two of our 12-gallon tanks or one of our 24-gallon tanks will fit under the seat of the Boston Whaler Montauk.
The picture at the right shows two D-1212 Tanks under the seat in a Boston Whaler Montauk. The standard model D-1212 comes equipped with a mechanical gauge, vent bung, pick up tube, fill and cap. The tanks pictured are equipped with optional handles. The fittings on the tank have been set up so that the tanks are mirror images of each other. Since we are the manufacturer of the tanks we can easily make adjustments to the size or placement of the fitting or add optional handles or mounting tabs.
Looking for other standard sizes of marine tanks and parts for fuel tanks? Check out Mirax Fuel Products’ (our sister company) web site: www.miraxfuelproducts.com.
Would you like a quote on a custom tank for your boat? We will need some information from you to provide a quote. This can be easily done by filling out the quote form below. There are various shapes of fuel tanks to choose from. Pick the one that most closely fits the tank you need. Fill in the measurements you will need. Please be sure to include your name and contact information. Submit your form and we contact you with a quote and/or any questions we may have.
- KSH tanks are U.S. Coast Guard approved
- We offer a three year unconditional warranty on our fuel tanks. See our warranty page!
- KSH tanks are made of sturdy cost effective aluminum with baffles as needed
- Discover, MasterCard, and Visa proudly accepted
Providing Final Tank Dimensions for a build:
It is important to provide us with as much information as possible when designing your tank. We will need the overall dimensions and a clear indication of where the fittings are going to be, dimensioned from the edges of the tank to center of the fitting. On a very complicated tank with many angles, please indicate any square corners if any.
Methods for providing build dimensions are:
- Ask KSH to send you an easy-to-use template to design your tank. Fittings and fill are to be drawn in by customer. If mounting tabs are needed, they are to be drawn with dimensions for size and placement.
- Sketch out your own drawing and e-mail it to us.
- Write dimensions directly on the tank, take clear photos and e-mail them to us.
- Supply us with a physical template in cardboard. By doing this you can satisfy yourself that the tank can be easily installed and that you can get it in or out of the boat or vehicle. The template can then be marked up with all the relevant fittings and either sent to us flat packed or you can bring it along to the factory to discuss in detail.
For quotation purposes the basic dimensions asked on our online quote form will suffice.